The Applied Genomic Technologies Core provides the following PCR and Genotyping services:
- PCR for all applications, including genotyping and sequencing
- Agarose gel-based genotyping, including mouse tail genotyping
- Fluorescent fragment analysis, including microsatellite analysis, on the Applied Biosystems 3130xl or 3730xl DNA Analyzers
- PCR cleanup for sequencing or other downstream applications, either individually or on a 96 well basis
- TaqMan SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) assays using the ABI 7900 HT Sequence Detection System
- Optimization and validation of Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) kits from MRC Holland for detection of gene copy number variation.
- Verification of human cell lines via short tandem repeat analysis
- For cell submissions, the AGTC can provide DNA purification and quantitation services.
In many cases, the core can accommodate special requests and project needs. For more information or to request services, please contact Melissa Leisner.