From left to right:
- Yuekun Lang, Postdoctoral Affiliate - Yuekun has used mouse models to characterize a number of inhibitors against Zika virus. She is currently working on developing inducible cell lines to investigate protein-protein interactions.
- Saiyang Hu, Senior Technician - Saiyang just joined the laboratory. She provides all technical supports for the laboratory from protein purification to in vivo animal studies.
- Zhong Li, Research Scientist - Zhong is the lab encyclopedia. Zhong likes to develop novel assays. She has developed a number of high throughput screening assays for inhibitor screenings. She also enjoys crystallizations of essential targets with her magic hands, performs protein chemistry and biophysical experiments, and works with different micro-organisms such as Zika virus, Dengue virus, Mycobacterium smegmatis, Cryptococcus neoformans, and Cryptococcus gattii. She is biochemist, virologist, mycologist, and bacteriologist.
- Hongmin Li - Hongmin enjoys exploring new areas of investigation, from crystal structure to drug discovery, from breast cancer to infectious disease, from protein science to immunology, virology, mycology, and microbiology, etc. He still enjoys hand-on experiments when necessary.
- Anil Tharappel, Postdoctoral Affiliate - Anil joined the laboratory recently. He is working on development of antifungal therapies targeting the fungal Prp8 intein
- Subodh Samrat, Postdoctoral Affiliate - Subodh joined the laboratory recently. He is working on development of therapeutic nanobodies against Zika and Dengue viruses