You are here
New Wadsworth Center Fellowship Program
Friday, April 12, 2019
The application period is closed. Check back Spring 2020.
About the Wadsworth Center Fellowship Program
The mission of the Wadsworth Center Fellowship Program is to provide scientists with broad experience in laboratory science and research in infectious disease, genetics, environmental health or translational medicine. Fellows will gain broad experience at one of the nation’s premier public health laboratories, renowned for developing and utilizing high complexity testing using advanced technologies and state of the art equipment.
Via laboratory and health department rotations, and with input from a team of experienced mentors, fellows will be exposed to different aspects of laboratory science, including public health laboratory science, and applied and basic research. Fellows will be matched with a host lab to complete a final project in one of the following areas:
Fellows will leave the program with:
- Advanced laboratory skills and research experience
- Hands-on experience in multiple areas of laboratory science
- Training in cross-cutting laboratory competencies
- An understanding of the role of public health laboratories in testing, surveillance, and research
- An ability to communicate clearly to scientific and lay audiences
The fellowship term is full time for 1-2 years, beginning in September. Fellows at the post-baccalaureate or post-master’s level are appointed to a 1-year term, and fellows at the post-doctoral level are appointed to a 2-year term at the Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, in Albany, NY.
- Post-doctoral: $60,832
- Post-master’s: $48,728
- Post-baccalaureate: $46,062
An allowance for health insurance is included in the stipend.
- Application Form
- Personal statement describing career goals and scientific interests (2-page maximum)
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Official transcripts
- 3 scientific/professional letters of recommendation and accompanying Reference Form
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent residency
All application materials must be received by May 19, 2019. Exceptional candidates will be invited to interview with host labs in June.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.