Find an ELAP Accredited Laboratory
Find an ELAP accredited laboratory by clicking Search NY Accredited Environmental Laboratories or by clicking “Search NY Accredited Environmental Laboratories” in the purple box on the right side of this webpage.
The search tool can be used by the public and laboratories to find current accreditation information. You can search by a variety of different parameters, including laboratory name and category (i.e., drinking water, air and emissions, etc.).
The Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP) of the Wadsworth Center was established in 1984, under Section 502 of the Public Health Law and is responsible for the certification of laboratories performing environmental analyses on samples originating from New York State, thus ensuring the accuracy and reliability of these analyses.
Fields of Accreditation
ELAP currently grants certification to commercial, facility self-monitoring and government operated environmental laboratories, in the following fields of accreditation:
- Air and Emissions (as Certification Manual Item 180.4)
- Drinking Water (as Certification Manual Item 180.1)
- Non-Potable Water (as Certification Manual Item 180.2)
- Solid and Chemical Materials (Solid Waste and Soils) (as Certification Manual Item 180.3)
Information on how to obtain a permit for cannabis testing can be found through the Office of Cannabis Management. Laboratories that perform cannabis testing and additional information for laboratories can be found on the OCM cannabis laboratories website (https://cannabis.ny.gov/cannabis-laboratories).
Frequently Asked Questions
- ELAP Frequently Asked Questions
- Asbestos Frequently Answered Questions
- Legionella Frequently Asked Questions
- PFOA and PFOS Frequently Asked Questions