Individuals performing chemical analyses for blood alcohol content may apply for a permit.
Permit requirements include:
- A high school degree plus one year of laboratory experience
- OR two years of college study and six months of laboratory experience
- Proficiency in the chemical analyses of the alcoholic content of blood and any other sample type as required
- Correct results for 75 percent of the samples for each set of proficiency tests
- Complete a Personnel Questionnaire
- The director of the laboratory must sign the form, indicating the applicant meets all requirements.
- Send the completed form to the address indicated below.
Annually, a letter is sent to each laboratory verifying participants prior to the upcoming proficiency testing event. No renewal form is required.
Submit completed application forms to:
NYS DOH Vehicle and Traffic Blood Alcohol Analyst Certification Program
Clinical Chemistry and Hematology Laboratory, Wadsworth Center
P.O. Box 509, Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12201-0509