- Disposal of Unused Expired COVID-19 Rapid Tests
- Letter regarding patient service centers
- Letter to pharmacies with Limited Service Laboratories (LSL)
- Letter to physician office laboratories
Required Information for Infectious Disease Requisition
Wadsworth Center, the NYS Public Health Laboratory, continues to provide COVID-19 testing for select sample collection entities (including but not limited to State agency run congregational settings with vulnerable populations, local health departments, and other entities responding to outbreak investigations). Sample collection entities must seek advanced approval by Wadsworth Center prior to sending samples. Sample collectors submitting COVID-19 specimens to the Wadsworth Center must use one of the two methods below.
- For sample collectors with access to the Health Commerce System, Electronic Test Requests can be used for sample submission.
- For sample collectors unable to request tests electronically, the Infectious Diseases Requisition Form must be completed in paper or PDF format.
Specimen Collection, Handling and Transport
- Instructions for NYSDOH Wadsworth Center COVID-19 Specimen Collection, Handling and Transport
- Packaging & Transport Checklist for proper specimen packaging and transport for testing at a laboratory.
Test Results Reporting
On March 8, 2022, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced revisions to HHS SARS-CoV-2 laboratory data reporting requirements that will become effective on April 4, 2022. In some instances, HHS will no longer require reporting of SARS-CoV-2 test results. Effective April 4, 2022, NYS will be implementing the HHS SARS-CoV-2 laboratory data reporting requirements. Advisories were issued to Physician Office Clinical Laboratories and Clinical Laboratories/Limited Service Laboratories.
- NYSDOH Clinical Laboratory Evaluation Program
- NYSDOH Limited Service Laboratories
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) approved SARS-CoV-2 tests
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Information for Laboratories about COVID-19
- CDC General Biosafety Guidance for COVID-19 Testing Laboratories
- CDC free online virtual Biosafety Laboratory Training
- NYSDOH free online Biosafety Training
- Department of Health and Human Services Request for Information: Testing for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Surge Capacity