The New York State Newborn Screening Program has a long history of partnering with internal and external entities in support of improving our newborn screening program. To this end, we actively seek funding opportunities and cooperative agreements. For example, in 2013, we partnered with the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and National Insititute of Child Health and Development, in cooperation with 4 hospitals in New York State, to detect additional lysosomal storage conditions in a consented fashion. Parties interested in working with us are encouraged to contact us.
- National Institute of Health/National Institute of Child Health and Development (9/4/12-5/31/17) Project Title: "LSDs: A Pilot NBS and Examination of the Associated Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues", $2,042,801.
- National Institute of Child Health and Development (3/19/07-3/18/13) Project Title: "Genetic Factors of Birth Defects", $1,848,686.
- Health Resources Services Administration (9/1/09-8/31/12) Project Title: "Effective Long-Term Follow-Up for Newborn Screening", $1,200,000.
- Health Resources Services Administration, Program Director (6/1/12-5/31/17) Project Title: "Genetic Services Project", $593,000.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (9/30/10-9/29/12) Project Title: "State-based Surveillance for Hemoglobinopathies", $531,684.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2004-2007) Project Title: "Improving the Quality of Genetic Testing and Assuring Its Appropriate Integration into Clinical and Public Health Practice" $200,000.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (09/30/06-04/16/11) Project Title: "Novel Technologies in Newborn Screening" $2,350,038.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (9/30/09-9/29/11) Project Title: "Develop and Implement a Population-based Surveillance and Tracking System on Children", $138, 946.
- National Institute of Child Health and Development (04/16/10-06/16/11) Project Title: "National SCID Pilot Study" $865,710.
- Health Resources Services Administration (06/1/07-5/31/11) Project Title: "Multicenter Validation of Algorithms to Improve Communications of Positive Newborn Screening Results to the Medical Home"; Region 1, $50,015.
- Jeffrey Modell Foundation (9/29/10-3/31/12) Project Title: "SCID Screening", $250,000.