The 2022 Wadsworth Center REU Program application is open
1. Ensure your eligibility:
Applicants sought are undergraduates majoring in a basic natural science (biology, chemistry, computational modeling, engineering, genetics, mathematics) who will not have received their Bachelor's degree by the end of the summer and who are interested in attending graduate school with the goal of pursuing a career in science.
Applications are encouraged from students attending colleges with limited research opportunities and from students who are members of groups underrepresented in the sciences, such as women, ethnic minorities, veterans, the physically challenged, and/or those who are the first in their family to attend college.
Only U.S. citizens and permanent U.S. residents are eligible.
2. Create a my.ny.gov account (if you are a NYS resident or past applicant, you may already have one – go to step 3).
Visit https://my.ny.gov and create an account by clicking on “Don’t have an account” and selecting “Personal”. Follow the instructions to create an account. Once you create an account, you will receive a Welcome email from Ny.govId. Click on the link in this email to activate your account. Select your security questions, create a password, and login.
3. Login to your my.ny.gov account to complete the online REU application.
- Login to the website https://my.ny.gov with your user name and password.
- Click on the Health Applications button.
- Click on the Wadsworth Center REU Application link.
- Complete the online application form, including the names and e-mail addresses of two references.
Your references will receive e-mails with instructions and links to submit their letters or recommendation.
Upload your CV or resumé, and a one-page, single-spaced personal statement, as separate files. You may also upload your transcript. Verify your references' e-mail addresses are correct (really, do this).
- Click “Save as draft” or “Send Application”.
You may save your application as a draft, but once you submit it, you cannot edit your submission. Prior to submitting your application, review your entries and ensure your uploaded documents are accurate. If you need to make changes subsequent to submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you choose not to upload your transcript(s), send it to email@example.com or REU Program, Wadsworth Center, Room E-260, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237.
The application and all other materials, including letters of recommendation, must be received by February 24, 2022.
Please note, the 2022 program is contingent upon COVID-19. At this time we are considering two options:
- our standard, residential program with students from across the country housed in suites near campus;
- a program for local students living at home only.
As soon as we have a clear plan for 2022, we will inform all applicants and update this page.