The Virology Laboratory participates in numerous training initiatives, including graduate student programs and fellowships, some of which are listed here:
- Wadsworth Center School, Master of Science in Laboratory Sciences Program
- State University of New York at Albany, School of Public Health, Department of Biomedical Sciences
- APHL/CDC Emerging Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program
- NIH Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Training Program
- Laboratory Response Network
- Student Research and Volunteer Opportunities
The laboratory welcomes students interested in short or long term programs and projects.