The Mycology Culture Collection Repository was established in 2007. The collection has approximately 5500 fungi comprising 204 genera and 392 species. The majority of fungi in the collection are of human origin, with a few of environmental and of animal origin. These include:
- Approximately 2500 mold isolates from superficial to deep-seated human infection
- Approximately 2000 pathogenic yeast isolates
- Approximately 300 Cryptococcus spp.
- Approximately 300 dimorphic fungal pathogens
- Approximately 150 Pseudogymnoascus destructans
The facility uses room temperature, -80ºC and liquid nitrogen for storage of these fungi. All of the fungi have passed an initial quality control check. The characterization of these fungi and newer additions remains an ongoing activity. The fungal isolates are supplied for basic and applied research, and antifungal susceptibility tests. Please contact Dr. Chaturvedi for more information.